The targeted and strategic use of pupil premium will support us in achieving our vision.
- We ensure that teaching and learning in school meets the needs of all of our pupils
- We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups, this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and addressed
- In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged
- We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals. We reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil or groups of pupils that the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged.
- Pupil premium funding will be allocated following a needs analysis which will identify priorities
The range of provision the Governors may consider making for this group could include:
- Reducing class sizes thus improving opportunities for focused teaching and accelerating progress
- Providing small group work with an experienced teacher/teaching assistant focused on overcoming gaps in learning
- 1-1 support
- Purchase of additional technology
- Curriculum enrichment
- All our work through the pupil premium will be aimed at accelerating progress and moving children to at least age related expectations. Initially this will be in English and maths
- Pupil premium resources may also be used to target able children on FSM to achieve L3 or 5
It will be the responsibility of the Headteacher to inform the School Committee on the progress made towards narrowing the gap, by year group, for socially disadvantaged pupils
The Governors of the school will ensure that there is an annual statement to parents on how the Pupil Premium funding has been used to address the issue of ‘narrowing the gap’, for socially disadvantaged pupils. This task will be carried out within the requirements published by the Department for Education
Pupil Premium Allocations
You can view our Pupil Premium Allocations on our website.