As ICT underpins today’s modern lifestyle it is essential that all students gain the confidence and ability, that they need in this subject, to prepare them for the challenge of a rapidly developing and changing technological world.
ICT at Ropery Walk Primary should provide a stimulating and enjoyable set of tools enabling good quality teaching and learning to take place. It should be a vehicle through which each curriculum area as well as administration are supported. It should allow all children to make excellent progress and enable teachers to teach more efficiently and effectively. It should also enable the increased participation of parents and carers’ in their children’s learning.
Our aims are:
- For ICT to be fully embedded into the curriculum so that it enhances learning
- For all children to become confident and competent users of ICT
- For children and staff to have access to a range of ICT resources including new emerging technologies
- For children to understand how to stay safe when using technology and to use technology appropriately
- For all staff to continually improve and develop their ICT skills and to take a shared responsibility for developing ICT and E-Safety
- To use ICT to promote links with parents and the wider community
Keep Safe Online
Keeping our children safe while using the internet is important to us. We have added advice and help for pupils at our school on how to use the internet safely and how to report anything that makes them uncomfortable or worried.
View our e-Safety Information page for further information.